Friday, May 11, 2012

Success in writing

There are often times as a writer where you wonder if anyone really reads your work or if it is appreciated. Writing is one of those things that takes a lot of personal effort that comes from the heart. There are often times when you just have to express your personal thoughts regardless of whether or not others agree with you.

The other day I accepted an assignment from the Yahoo! Contributor Network for a current event article. I had just read that morning in the news about the Fortune 500 list and I knew I had to write an article about it. I wrote my personal insight on what I found interesting about the list and submitted my article. Once it was published I didn't think much of it other than my normal thoughts of I hope people will read it.

When I checked the report on the traffic, I was astounded! I had over 1,000 hits the first day and over 6,000 the next. It is currently the lead news article on two separate pages on Yahoo! Voices. With the competition for online writing, having your article featured is a great honor. It is something that I hope can happen again. Writing is something I love to do and when you see that it is being read by an audience there is just a feeling that gives you a sense that you are reaching others through your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment