Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Article: Credit Card Offer Fun

Quite often I receive credit card offers in the mail. I don't use credit cards for daily purchases and I don't even have a credit card in my purse. So I am really not interested in any credit card offer that comes my way. Honestly, they are annoying and I don't even open them up. I destroy and dispose of any credit card offer that I get.

My grandparents who grew up in the Depression never used credit cards either. In fact, grandma taught me one thing that I had forgotten until recently. What is that? She taught me something very simple to do with those pesky credit card offers. She would also destroy them and did so before identity theft was as much of an issue as it is today because she was paranoid. But she would save the postage free envelope. Then instead of throwing away the credit card offer, she mailed it back in little pieces in the envelope. She did all of this with a nice smile on her face.

So now I am no longer throwing away my credit card offers after I destroy them. I am also saving that postage paid envelope and mailing my credit card offers back to those banks who want my business. I figure why not help out the postal service by giving them a little more mail to deliver since it will increase my mailings weekly and it will also cost the credit card companies for postage.

Grandmother's can teach us a lot and I am thankful for her wisdom. She taught me many things from cooking to how to budget my money to spend it wisely. I think mailing back credit card offers would come under the category of budgeting my money. Thanks Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment